THE HARVARD CLUB OF SARASOTA (2021-2022)
Serving 800+ Permanent & Seasonal Members of the Harvard Community in Sarasota, Manatee, & Charlotte Counties.
Club President Manda Schossberger Jordan, AB'90
TO: All Harvard and Radcliffe Alumni, Faculty, Spouses, Students, and Friends
FROM: Manda Jordan, AB'90, Harvard Club of Sarasota President (2020-2022)
Greetings! I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy and has had a chance to get vaccinated!!
The Harvard Club of Sarasota Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation serving the Harvard Community in Sarasota, Manatee, and Charlotte Counties on Florida's Gulf Coast. Club membership is open to all Harvard alumni, faculty, senior officers, and specified family members. Our Club represents the vibrant connection between our local Harvard Community and Harvard University at-large, fostering relationships, communication, philanthropy, and life-long connections between the University, current Harvard Students, and Alums from Harvard College and all Harvard graduate schools and programs.
We have just completed an incredible year of virtual events and are planning to get back to as many in-person events as possible for the Fall of 2021 and Spring of 2022, including some amazing onsite visits, panel discussions, and presentations with local & global business and community leaders, renowned Harvard faculty, distinguished dignitaries, and more - including additional joint events with other Harvard Clubs throughout the state of Florida!
Overall, as a Member of the Harvard Club of Sarasota, you will enjoy:
- Connecting with Harvard’s global community of alumni, faculty, and experts across a multitude of disciplines as well as with community leaders, school administrators, prospective students, and charitable and professional organizations throughout the region.
- Access to over 20 events annually, including year-round Happy Hours, “in-season” social networking & “Young Alumni” events, events with Harvard faculty and global celebrity speakers, special “behind-the-scenes” visits, access to local artists, philanthropists, business executives, and much more.
- Advanced ticket purchase options, priority reservations, and member-only events (as available).
- Giving Back opportunities: Through donations to our Club’s Student Scholarship Fund and/or our Principals’ Center Fellowship Program Fund, help Harvard undergraduate students from our area and send local school administrators and principals each summer to advanced training at the Principals’ Center at Harvard's Graduate School of Education in Cambridge, MA. Also, support our Schools Committee and Harvard Admissions by volunteering to interview local applicants to Harvard College, represent Harvard at local college fairs for high school students, and present Harvard Prize Book Awards to well-deserving students throughout our region.
- Mentoring & Community Outreach opportunities: Partner with fellow Alumni and Friends to support local college fairs and career days, partner with local nonprofits as a student mentor or volunteer, present Harvard Prize Book Awards, volunteer in our local schools, engage more deeply in our community, and support Harvard in many other ways.
*For a Master List of all Harvard Club of Sarasota events + directions for adding our Club's events to your Google Calendar, click here.
*To make a contribution to our Club’s Student Scholarship Fund and/or our Principals’ Center Fellowship Program Fund, click here.
*To join as a first-time member of our Club or to renew your existing membership, click here.
We're looking for your help! Additional opportunities for you to share your gifts and get involved in our Club's efforts include:
- Events and Calendar Coordination - With so many worthwhile programs and interesting events available, our Board would love your help with researching and coordinating access to local & global presenters, curating offerings, and making critical topics and pursuits known to our alumni membership via event & speaker recommendations and calendar listings/postings on our site.
- Local Programming Assistance - Help us gather possibilities for speakers, onsite visits, performances, and more for the upcoming season. Vet or curate these opportunities to serve our diverse alumni and membership constituencies. Make recommendations to the Program and Events Committee.
- Happy Hour Help - Club monthly Happy Hours are some of the most popular events we do, bringing together members for social engagment and networking. To ensure this program remains fresh & worthwhile with local venues, activities, and themes, please bring your best ideas forward to help coordinate a handful of months.
- Alumni Connection & Membership Outreach - It's now more important than ever before to stay active and get engaged with Fellow Alumni and Friends. Share your gifts and help us to ensure that every member of our extended Harvard family feels welcome, valued, and an important part of our local and global community!
- Have an idea? Please reach out and let us know!
I look forward to connecting with each of you this season. Thank you for all that you do to support Harvard and our local community!
Manda Jordan, AB'90
President, Harvard Club of Sarasota 2020-2022
Phone: (978) 886-2788